3:00pm - 4:45pm
Hurricane Preparedness and Safety in Jamestown with Chief...
6:30pm - 8:00pm
Isaac Ginis - Professor of Oceanography RESEARCH INTERESTS Dr. Ginis studies the coupled ocean-...
6:30pm - 8:00pm
Wake of '38 In 1973, WSBE (then "Channel 36" now "Rhode Island PBS") marked the 35th anniversary of...
4:00pm - 5:00pm
Wednesday, September 26 at 4:00 p.m. (PLEASE NOTE TIME CHANGE) The Lie Tree by Frances...
6:45pm - 7:45pm
Heather Faubert, research associate in URI’s Department of Plant Sciences and Entomology, will...
Please visit the library's Tween/Teen section. There are spaces for study, computer use and fun (the coloring table)!
Do you have a suggestion for a book or series of books (newer) that the library doesn't own? We are always trying to keep our collection relevant and exciting to tweens and teens. If you have a... Read More
Websites for College Prep and Job Searches
- College Prep 101 is another great source for all levels of college prep, from help on the standardized tests to checklists on what to pack for your first semester. It’s also an extremely well-built and easy-to-navigate site.
- StudentAid.ed.gov (formerly College.gov) is the federal government’s website explaining all kinds of financial aid, including the kinds you might be eligible for, how to apply for it, and how to deal with student loans.
- CollegeBoard is a fantastic site to look up colleges, test prep, financial aid information, and all sorts of articles related to college prep. It’s definitely worth clicking through. (Their college prep section is called “BigFuture”)
- Peterson’s is one of the classics, and there’s a reason it’s persisted all these years. It’s a good starting place for when you’re still trying to figure out your next step. For more in-depth information, they also publish books.
- A great series of books is the Fiske Guide to Colleges. It has great in-depth information on colleges all across the country, and it’s constantly coming out with new editions to keep everything current. It’s a great source on each college’s specialties, cost, and culture, with quotes from students and faculty.
- Jobs for Teens HQ is a new site dedicated to helping teens find jobs. Getting a job is tough, but getting a job when you have little or no experience is even tougher. Jobs for Teens HQ is working to change that.